The Government of Cuba has offered one undergraduate scholarship in the field of Medicine (MBBS) for Pakistani nationals for the Year 2022-23. Candidates having minimum of 70% marks in FSc pre-Medical or equivalent and a minimum of 60% marks in Matric exams may apply for the Cuban Government Scholarship. The scholarship is announced by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), Islamabad. Applications for the Cuban Government scholarship can be submitted online at the HEC website. The last date to apply for the scholarship is September 12, 2022. The scholarship covers tuition fees, food, Hostel, and 100 Cuban pesos per month as a stipend. A one-time grant of Rs 300,000/- shall be provided to the scholarship awardee after his departure to Cuba (Scholar should have a working bank account in Pakistan)
Category Merit Based
Area All Pakistan
HEC Cuban Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- At least 70% or above marks in F.Sc. /A level (Pre-Medical) & 60% or above marks in SSC/Matric (O level).
- Result awaiting candidates are not eligible to apply as HEC requires a final score for merit.
- All Pakistani/AJK nationals, aged between 18-25 years as on closing dates of application are eligible to apply.
- The final selection will be based on Merit
- Merit Formula 50% FSC + 50% Matric
Government of Cuba Scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees
- Hostel accommodation & toiletries
- Food (as per rules of Cuba)
- Contribution to living expenses in form of a Stipend (100 Cuban Pesos per month)
How to apply online:Apply online at the HEC website: https://scholarships.hec.gov.pk/#/auth/login. After registering and filling out your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad”. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed by the applicant. HEC online application portal shall close on 12th September 2022 (04.00 PM). The deadline to apply online at the HEC e-portal is on or before 12th September 2022. In case of shortlisting: Following documents with the online application form shall only be required/demanded from shortlisted applicants (no need to send hardcopy at this stage)
- Copy of HEC application form submitted through Online application portal (duly signed)
- SSC Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR O-Level Certificate (Science Group) with IBCC equivalence.
- F.Sc. Certificate/DMC/Degree with IBCC attestation OR A-Level Certificate (Pre-Medical) with IBCC equivalence
- Birth Certificate issued by NADRA.
- Father or Guardian’s CNIC copy.
- No Criminal record certificate. (Original)
- Photocopy of valid passport (validity more than 06 months)
- Original Medical Certificate with a report of HIV/AIDS issued by Medical Superintendent of District Head Quarter Government Hospital and further attested by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA).